This report has benefited from advice from a number of individuals and organisations with interest and expertise in child and maternal health.
The National Health Performance Authority established a report advisory committee to provide advice around various aspects of this work. The group did not have a direct role in writing the report. The committee was comprised of:
- Dr Jason Agostino - Data Clinician, National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (NACCHO)
- Ms Sue Cornes - Executive Director, Health Statistics Branch, Health Commissioining Queensland, Department of Health, Queensland Government
- Ms Jan Donovan - Consumer representative nominated to bring a consumer perspective by the Consumers Health Forum of Australia
- Associate Professor Lynn Kemp - Director, Centre for Health Equity Training Research & Evaluation (CHETRE), part of the University of New South Wales (UNSW) Centre for Primary Health Care & Equity
- Professor Elizabeth Sullivan - Associate Dean (Research), Professor Public Health, Faculty of Health, University of Technology Sydney.
The Authority also received advice from Dr Fadwa Al-Yaman and Mr Conan Liu from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare’s Indigenous and Children’s group.
This report relies on data provided by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) and the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW). These data were used to calculate the performance measures in this report. The Authority does a number of checks to ensure data quality, and also relies on the data quality work of the ABS and AIHW.
Thanks are extended to all those who contributed.